Although ship size and crew are no longer really relevant in STO, there are still several ships whose sheer size are intimidating. Even in the movies and shows, there were some enemy ships that were scary based on enormous proportions. The Borg Cube was one of many examples.
There are several ships that have become available to captains to fly that are so large their size alone is intimidating. Here they are in no particular order:
- Vengeance Kelvin Timeline Dreadnought (Federation)
- Tholian Tarantula Dreadnought Carrier (Multi-faction)
- Iconian Vonph Dreadnought Carrier (Multi-faction)
- Enterprise J Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser (Federation)
- Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird (Romulan)
- Vaadwaur Miracle Worker Juggernaut (Multi-faction)
- Liberated Borg Command Juggernaut (Multi-faction)
- Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought (Multi-faction)
- Sarcophagus Dreadnought (Klingon)
- Jupiter Class Carrier (Federation)
The Iconian Vonph probably has the most intimidating frontal of any ship in STO. It is all face with no body. But it is HUGE! In sheer volume the Tarantula is probably the biggest ship in the game, but its volume is fairly evenly displaced. It looks big from any angle but not as big in the front as the Vonph.
The Sarcophagus is also well proportioned in its gingatic-ness. It also backs up the physical size with an impressive hull modifier of 1.675! That works out to a base hull over 75k at level 65 with no buffs. The Enterprise J as ugly as that thing is, has the most impressive top or bottom view with a saucer that looks like a flat earthers idea of a planet attached to the front. Every ship on the list is really big but a few are so large they are hard to keep on your screen even zoomed all the way back.
These ships are all fine but I have never liked flying ships with less than 6 degrees per second turn rate. they just seems so clumsy and slow. They really aren’t that pokey, but they feel like it. It tends to take some of the fun out of the ‘flying’ experience. But to there credit, when they warp into the battle EVERYONE knows they have arrived 😉